Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spray Nature In The Face With Chemicals

It's not everyday I wake up at 6 A.M.
It's also not everyday I wake up at 6 A.M. to go over to Kjerston (my girlfriend)'s great grandma's house to spew ghastly chemicals at moderately helpless wasps nests.

The cans of absolute death suggest I wash my skin for twenty minutes and call the nearest poison control center if it so much as touched me. Aren't there other ways to mass murder bugs?

Yes

In fact, human ingenuity in regards to killing insects is quite interesting.
I myself favor the bug zapper.
The constant crackling and zapping reminds me of a bonfire.

There is also always fire, flying, and rock type Pokemon attacks. It's super effective!

However this morning no sinister luring and electrocuting, flamethrower-ing, pecking, or rock throwing was to be found at the house of Kjerston's great grandma who is sweetly nicknamed Honey. Just absolute air pressurized life stealing poison.

The cans of bug spray, specifically designed for killing wasps and other wasp-like insects, spray up to twenty feet in the air according to the label on the can.

This however is lies.

Nonetheless they sprayed poison quite far in a straight stream, and there is nothing as satisfactory as shooting noxious liquid into wasps nests and watching them fall, twitch, and release their tiny soul.

Not that wasps have souls.

Now I doubt she can help it, but Honey's house had at least twenty-something nests around it total. I almost felt bad killing so many wasps at once. It had to disturb some sort of ecosystem in her backyard if the Wild Thornberrys is anything to base fact on.

I can see it now, the wasps all die and therefore whatever it is wasps eat, ( I shall assume aphids) will produce wildly out of control. People will run screaming into the night as more tiny holes then usual will appear in the potted plants they don't really care about.

It is a disaster. But I got money out of it so I am inclined not to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment